Finding the best between Bambino vs Bambino plus? If you are one of those coffee drinkers who’d love to enjoy barista-quality espresso drinks at home, Breville has got multiple espresso machines as silver bullet solutions.
Among Breville’s multiple lineups of Espresso machines, the Breville Bambino and Bambino plus are two of the most popular and top-selling machines.
These key differences make one of them the winner in our comparison. After days of research, we have concluded and here we’re about to show you the result between Breville’s Bambino vs Bambino plus.
Here we’ll not only announce the winner but also show you the reason behind winning. Also, we’ll show you the side-by-side comparison chart, discuss the similarities and differences in brief, and answer some FAQs at the end.
But before you go through, in short, I will say Bambino plus would be the best for your consideration. Let’s explore why.
- Bambino vs Bambino plus – Why should you consider the Bambino Plus
- FAQs About Bambino vs Bambino Plus
Bambino vs Bambino plus – Why should you consider the Bambino Plus
- The Bambino plus can store more water to prepare coffee for your family than its successor. While the Bambino Plus comes with a capacity to hold 1.9L of water, the Bambino can hold 1.4L. More space enables you to serve more people.
- Bambino plus comes with an integrated temperature sensor which is absent in its contender model. This sensor enables you to measure the temperature of milk you’d like you to froth.
- Since Bambino doesn’t have this feature, frothing the milk might be a little tough for beginners. The feature that changes the game for Bambino plus is the automatic temperature and texture control. If you love to put art on your latte or cappuccino, you need to create microfoam through your milk. Bambino plus makes it effortless even if you don’t have any idea how to prepare microfoam with the right texture.
- Although Bambino offers this option in a manual mode, you need to pass through a learning curve to achieve it.
- Bambino plus automatically understands the temperature of the milk, how much air to put, how much stirring needs to create the microfoam. Also the with an integrated sensor, you can effortlessly steam your milk or water.
- The Bambino Plus offers you to choose one from multiple color options so that you can match it with the ambiance of your kitchen. On the other hand, Bambino comes with only the stainless still color. While that’s a standard color, it’s always great to pick the one that you like.
- Bambino plus comes with a tamper made of metal. It’s durable too. On the other hand, the Bambino comes with a tamper made of plastic which feels a bit cheap than the tamper of Bambino plus.
You’ll also get an extended period of warranty in the Bambino plus. The Base Bambino gives you one year of service warranty. But with Bambino plus, you can enjoy a two-year tension-free service.
Breville Bambino vs Bambino Plus – What are the key differences? – Comparison Chart
|Bambino Plus||Breville Bambino|
|Power: 1560 watt||Power: 1560 watt|
|Controls: 1 Cup, 2 Cup, and Steam button||Controls: 1 cup, 2 cups, hot water, and steam button.|
|Auto Purge Function: Yes||Auto Purge Function: No|
|Heatup time: 3 sec||Heatup time: 3 sec|
|Water Capacity: 1.9 L||Water Capacity: 1.4 L|
|Hot Water function: Yes||Hot Water function: Yes|
|Color: Brushed stainless steel, Black truffle, Sea salt, Damson blue, Black stainless steel, Oyster Shell, Royal Champagne, Smoked hickory.||Color: Stainless Steel|
|Accessories: 1 & 2 Cup Dual Wall Filter Baskets, The Razor™ Precision Dosing Tool, 54mm, Tamper, 16 fl. oz / 480ml Stainless Steel. Milk Jug, Cleaning Tool, Cleaning Disc.||Accessories: 1 cup & 2 cup Dual Wall Filter Baskets. Milk Jug., Portafilter. Tamper. Steam Wand, Tip Cleaning Tool. Descaling Powder.|
|Warranty: 2 year||Warranty: 1 year|
|Dimension: 12.5” x 7.6” x 12.2”||Dimension: 7.7” x 12.6” x 12.2”|
What are the similarities between Bambino vs Bambino plus
The base Bambino and Bambino plus are durable and heavy-duty espresso machines. On top of that, both these machines are made from stainless steel and look compact.
Breville Bambino vs Plus Power
Breville’s Bambino and Bambino plus are products from the same lineup. Both these machines run at the power of 1560 watts. The voltage is similar as well. They run at the voltage of 110-120 V.
Heatup time – Breville bambino vs bambino plus
Breville has been praised for the heating time introduced in the Bambino and Bambino plus lineup. They have used Thermojet technology for rapid heat up enough to beat the competitors of this range.
It impressively takes only 3 seconds to hit up the machine. You’ll get to enjoy a cup of espresso without waiting for a long time.
Bambino vs Bambino Plus Controls
Although there is a bit of difference in the number of control buttons, there are some similar functions. The Bambino and Bambino plus comes with single and double shot espresso along with a steam button.
There’s no power button in any of these Breville espresso machines, which is a bit annoying, though. You have to press the single shot button to turn them on.
Featuring an adjustable steam wand, Breville enables you to froth milk on both the Bambino and Bambino plus. Plus, it’s effortless to clean.
A portafilter comes with the Breville Bambino and Bambino plus. The size of the portafilter is 54 mm. And it can store 19 grams of ground coffee which is considered as a standard to get a barista-quality espresso at home.
An integrated drip tray is available in the Bambino and Bambino plus. It helps you to collect the extra bit of water or milk from spilling onto the surface.
What is the Differences Between Breville Bambino Vs Bambino Plus?
An integrated water storage system is available in the Breville bambino vs bambino plus. However, Bambino plus can store more water than its contender.
While Bambino has a water storage capacity of 1.4 L, Bambino Plus holds 1.9L. If you are a person who feels lazy to pour water every time, Bambino plus will give you a bit more ease than the Bambino.
Breville Bambino vs Bambino Plus Automatic Texture Control
One of the major differences we have identified is the automatic texture and temperature control in the Bambino Plus absent in the Bambino. This is a special feature for making lattes and cappuccinos, maintaining the aesthetic of these drinks.
While using the base bambino, you need to learn the proper amount of air to introduce, feel the accurate temperature, and the time it takes to froth milk.
On the Bambino plus, you remain tension-free of all these steps. You need to put the mug of milk under the steam wand, select the temperature (high/medium/low) and the texture level you prefer, and wait.
The manual steaming function gives you better control in Bambino plus a 3 hole steam wand vs 1 hole in the Bambino.
Stainless steel looks standard. Initially, both these machines comes with a similar outlook. Bambino plus offers you a wide range of color options. But the base Bambino right now is available in only one color.
The Bambino Plus is slightly bigger with a dimension of 12.5” x 7.6” x 12.2” than the Bambino, which has a dimension of 7.7” x 12.6” x 12.2”.
FAQs About Bambino vs Bambino Plus
What is the difference between Breville Bambino and Bambino plus?
Does Bambino plus grind coffee?
Does breville Bambino use pods?
Breville makes some of the best espresso machines on the market. With the Bambino and Bambino plus lineup, they have beat multiple competitors of its price range in some key areas. Especially the 3-second heat-up time is incredible.
But we are here to compare between the Bambino vs Bambino plus. And after a detailed comparison, we can confidently recommend the Bambino Plus over the base Bambino espresso machine.
Although Bambino plus seems a bit pricey considering the ease and comfort it offers, we think it justifies the price. You can find the Breville bambino plus best price by click on the check price above.
However, if you have a low budget and you decide to pass the learning curve to manually froth milk to bring a nice texture to it, the Base Bambino is not a bad machine either. It will primarily enable you to enjoy espresso and americano style drinks too.