When we researched different brands and their several espresso maker models, we learned about Breville. The reviews and specs will only tell you that these are high-end machines. Today, in our best Breville espresso machine reviews, you won’t be able to resist yourself.
Also, you will see the reasons behind choosing this brand and our expert’s recommendation at the end. There are more models from Breville, but we could select 8 models worth recommending.
Though Breville’s models are high-end, customers get puzzled when choosing a particular one. Concerning this, the connoisseurs recommended the two best Breville espresso machines. According to them, Breville BES870XL Espresso Machine is user-friendly, and Breville BES840XL Espresso Machine is budget-friendly. To scrutinize which is really worthy enough, we have equipped a comparison chart. Let’s have a look at it.
|Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine||Breville BES840XL Espresso Machine|
|Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine has appeared with a digital temperature control technology that supplies water at the right temperature. It ensures optimal espresso extraction.||Breville BES840XL Espresso Machine comes with a pre-pre-infusion function that assists you in applying low water pressure at the start of the extraction to grind gently.|
|This espresso machine has an integrated conical burr grinder that grinds the right amount of freshly ground coffee straight into the portafilter for preferred taste.||This espresso machine has appeared with 1600 watts Thermo coil heating system with integrated stainless steel water coil accurately for controlling water temperature.|
|This Breville espresso machine has a steam wand that assumes you to hand-texturing micro-foam, maximizing flavor and enabling latte art.||This Breville espresso machine has an auto-purge function that automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature.|
|Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine has a bean hopper that capacitates 1/2lb. It has a water tank of 67oz which ensures you multiple cups of coffee in a single refill.||Breville BES840XL Espresso Machine is manufactured with a 15 bar Italian pump that offers you multiple additional accessories, including volumetric control Presets, manual override, and programmable volumes.|
|You can count on this impressive espresso machine to have an innovative grinding cradle that accommodates you to grind directly. It grinds only fresh coffee beans.||You can count on this impressive espresso machine as it has a PID temperature control that delivers water at the right temperature in 2-degree celsius.|
|Check Price||Check Price|
8 Best Breville Espresso Machine Reviews of 2021
Jump to right section
- 1 8 Best Breville Espresso Machine Reviews of 2021
- 1.1 1. Breville BES840XL Espresso Machine
- 1.2 2. Breville BES920XL Espresso Machine
- 1.3 3. Breville BES870XL Espresso Machine
- 1.4 4. Breville BES880BSS Espresso Machine
- 1.5 5. Breville BES860XL Espresso Machine
- 1.6 6. Breville BES870BSXL Espresso Machine
- 1.7 7. Breville Barista Pro BES878 Espresso Machine
- 1.8 8. Breville BES870XL Espresso Machine
- 1.9 Why You Should Choose Breville Espresso Maker
- 1.10 Final Recommendation
Take a look here to find the latest 8 Breville espresso machine updated list of 2021
1. Breville BES840XL Espresso Machine
The process of getting an excellent cup of espresso begins with fresh beans and a quality grinder. Your responsibility is to collect high-quality coffee beans and a grinder. And the rest will be up to this machine. Breville BES840XL Infuser Espresso Machine comes with a great grinder, precise heating elements, and a steam wand.
- With 61 ounces water tank capacity and pre-infusion function, you will get several shots and perfect extraction from the start.
- The control panel gives you the option to choose a single or double shot and control the volume.
- It comes with a 1600-watt Thermo coil with integrated SS water accuracy for precise temperature control and quickly heats the water.
- It can provide high-pressure steam to the milk so that you can have micro-foam for a perfect cup of latte.
- Every shot includes precisely controlled 19-22g of freshly ground beans so that you get the original taste of Italian espressos.
As this does not come with a grinder, you should buy a conical burr grinder for the best results. With freshly ground coffee and its infusion technology, you will have a perfect shot throughout the day.
Cleaning is another big concern for these espresso machines, and you won’t have to worry much about it. Because the package contains several cleaning tools with tablets so that you don’t have to spend much time cleaning, get this fantastic espresso machine with the best price available.
2. Breville BES920XL Espresso Machine
All of our selected models are big ones with the capability of single or double shots at a time. But some of our readers need small machines as per their demand, and we reviewed Keurig single cup coffee makers for them. Those will cost way less than this model.
- For quick steam and espresso-making heat, it has two SS boilers with high efficiency and durability.
- The high-pressure steam will make the perfect foam so that you can have a mouthful of cream and a better-tasting latte.
- The machine has an over-pressure valve so that you can manually control the extraction pressure and brew like a barista.
- Its highly efficient thermal coil can quickly heat the water, and the electronic PID controller can keep the temperature constant.
- Moreover, the package contains water hardness test strips, and you should pour filtered normal mineral water for the best espresso.
The Breville Dual Boiler BES920XL powerful espresso machine comes with two stainless steel boilers so that you don’t have to wait much between the espresso and frothed milk. With perfectly extracted espresso and micro-foam milk, you can make a latte like a barista.
If you want, you can have a completely hands-free operation as the preset program will do everything. Moreover, you can clean it easily with the tools and cleaning solutions that come with the package. Those who like big machines with pre-infusion technology should seriously consider this one.
3. Breville BES870XL Espresso Machine
In our Breville espresso machine reviews, you won’t find another model as good as Breville Barista Express BES870XL. This is a complete package containing a powerful conical burr grinder. When you consider the price of this espresso machine, you might think it is a bit overpriced.
- Its grinder can grind on-demand with precise volume control so that you can have freshly ground coffee.
- The digital temperature control can keep a constant water temperature from the day’s first cup till the end.
- Also, the pump can precisely control the water flow so that you get optimal espresso extraction.
- The steam wand can provide high-pressure steam to the milk pot making thousands of bubbles, which is important for a perfect latte.
- With big buttons on the front and knob control, you will see that the machine has an intuitive control design, and anyone can operate it efficiently.
But you won’t have to buy a grinder separately, which will save you a lot of money. The quality and performance, along with the features, make it a great machine at a very reasonable price. Many complain that they don’t feel the taste of a machine-made espresso like the real one.
This will give you a very close feel as it allows you to control every item very precisely. The custom filter sizes will give you a perfect single shot or double shot espressos. Finally, don’t worry about its cleaning and maintenance as all the necessary items are included in the package. Those using it for a year or more gave positive reviews, and our experts highly recommend this machine.
4. Breville BES880BSS Espresso Machine
To have a cafe-quality coffee at your home or office, this Breville barista espresso machine will be the best option. The features and precise control over several steps make your espresso taste as a professional barista prepares it.
- It has a smart LCD control display on the front, making it convenient for all users with easy operation.
- The machine has pre-programmed settings for brewing with automatic measurements, or you can manually do that like a barista.
- The automatic steam wand can make microfoam, which is the main ingredient for a perfect cup of latte.
- Moreover, it has a ThermoJet heating system, and it can quickly heat the water right after the start.
- The digital temperature controller can keep a constant temperature, so you won’t ever get overheating or underheating issues.
The design and control system of the Breville Barista Touch BES880BSS espresso machine combines modern technology and evergreen design. The LCD touch control system makes it intuitive to use, and anyone can make a perfect cup of espresso or latte anytime. With only a 3-second heat-up time, you won’t have to wait long for espresso and the foam.
Ensuring the right amount of water and coffee powder with perfect grind size is crucial to making an authentic Italian espresso. You can touch your favorite drink type on display and wait a few seconds, being assured that you are getting the best thing. Get this fast and impressive device without any delay and before the stock runs out.
5. Breville BES860XL Espresso Machine
This Breville barista express BES860XL espresso machine is a highly reliable product, and some customers are still using it after almost 5 years. The total system and operation are so easy that anyone without any prior knowledge can get acquainted with it within two or three days.
- Its bean hopper can hold half pounds of freshly roasted bean at a time and provide several cups of coffee.
- The SS conical burr grinder can grind on-demand, and you can prepare a freshly ground espresso.
- A 1450W SS Thermal coil makes up the heating system, which an electronic temperature controller precisely controls.
- The front control panel will give you the option to precisely choose the grind size and amount to make espresso like a barista.
- You can either select pre-programmed espresso settings or make a single or double-shot manually measuring the items yourself.
Its 15-bar Italian pump will give you instant coffee without losing the taste. Freshly ground coffee beans are always preferable for the perfect espresso shot. So, you can take advantage of this machine conical burr grinder and make the grind size according to your preference.
If you practice some shots with this machine, you will soon make the perfect espresso like a barista. To start your day with full energy, you won’t have to stand in a line and have an authentic espresso. You can get this one for its great performance and easy cleaning design for home or office usage.
6. Breville BES870BSXL Espresso Machine
The Breville BES870BSXL barista express espresso machine is for espresso lovers, and you can use it either in your home or your office. The dual boiler setting surely works wonderfully to extract the expresso and the steam for foam. In the end, you get the perfect cup of latte or any of your similar types of favorite drinks to start the day.
- This one has a powerful grinder with a precise and convenient control panel to control the grind size and volume.
- The 1600-Watt Thermal coil can heat the water very quickly, and it maintains a constant temperature.
- To get an even extraction and better taste, the machine can maintain low water pressure at the start and prepare the shot.
- On the top-left of the machine, you can select either single or double or a manual override for custom shots.
- It can remove excess water from the ground coffee so that you can easily clean it afterward.
Moreover, its heating elements are very useful in heating the water quickly. You can precisely control the temperature and grind size as per your taste. Furthermore, the control panel has other functions to let you decide the volume too.
As a result, you will be getting an espresso-like handmade with the quality of a barista. The steam wand is designed in a way that the foam created has a rich and mouthful feel. It will make sure that you keep wanting the latte from this machine. If you want a reliable machine that will give you a perfect cup of coffee every morning, get this machine now.
7. Breville Barista Pro BES878 Espresso Machine
The Breville Barista Pro BES878 displays the fact to assist you to adjust the temperature and other values.
However, if you have a strong hand, there is no harm in increasing the Barista Pro BES878’s pressure settings. But you must be conscious that this is not the usual approach to extract espresso shots.
The Breville Barista Pro comes with a Pannarello steam tip that enables coffee lovers to adjust the temperature of their milk froth. You can choose between three different settings, including hot, warm, and cold froth for latte art or just for cold milk.
- This espresso machine comes with an LCD, a knob, and big controller buttons for easy and intuitive operation.
- An efficient and instant heating system makes the transition delay from espresso the steam as low as 3 seconds.
- You can easily set the grind size and volume with the controller to make a perfect cup of Italian espresso anytime.
- It can precisely control the dose for every shot, which is 19 to 22 grams so that you can get the full flavor.
- Also, the pre-infusion technology of this espresso maker helps ensure gradual water mixing and maximum taste throughout the day.
The default setting of the Breville Barista Pro BES878 is at 80 degrees Celsius, which you may need to adjust depending on the bean blend that you prefer. Other settings include 160 degrees for hot froth, 150 degrees for warm froth, and 120 degrees for cold milk.
If you are creating latte art and would like to practice, make sure to start with the hot froth setting.
Perhaps the highlight of this Breville Barista Pro BES878 machine is its backlit LCD that allows you to adjust the grind settings and monitor the shots. Depending on how much caffeine you want, you can adjust anywhere from 1 to 18 grams of coffee beans at a time into the portafilter basket.
The LCD screen displays important information such as temperature, pressure, and flow rate, which are crucial in extracting the best espresso shots. The machine also allows you to choose the right grind setting that helps in extracting the correct amount of flavor and body.
For all of these reasons, the Breville Barista Pro BES878 deserves to be at number 7 in our Breville espresso machine reviews.
8. Breville BES870XL Espresso Machine
The first thing you will love is its brushed stainless-steel finish and all the accessories that come with the package. Though the machine is fully automatic, you can use manual and custom settings to get the shots as you like.
- It has the grinder output on the left side, which allows you to control grind size and amount precisely.
- On the right side, it has a shot-making setup with the selection capability of one or two cups at a time.
- The swivel-action steam wand can provide the perfect temperature steam so that you can have an enriched foam for a latte.
- It has a SS conical burr grinder that can provide highly optimized extraction for an authentic Italian espresso shot.
- You can easily clean the espresso maker as the necessary parts can be removed and reassembled easily.
The filters come in different sizes so that the measurement for a single or double-shot is maintained perfectly. Along with the measurement, the right temperature count is also important, and it comes with an Auto Purge function. As a result, this machine can maintain the desired temperature after taking the steam for milk.
This desired temperature is crucial for the perfect espresso extraction. Its 15-bar Italian pump also helps in this regard and gives you the reliability you seek in every machine. The steam wand is capable of drawing air and creating the perfect foam for your latte. So, this can be your perfect companion throughout the day and help maintain the energetic feel.
Why You Should Choose Breville Espresso Maker
You have already seen that Breville espresso machine reviews reflect our admiration towards the brand. Now, let’s see why we think very highly of the products from Breville.
- We know that many users complain that their espresso machines start having issues after only a few months of use. This is not acceptable, and Breville Espresso Makers come with the highest build quality. The full body is made using stainless steel sheets, and the internal components are designed to last longer. As a result, you will get to use these machines for years without much problem.
- After that, we considered the grinding capability of those machines as perfect grinding is the base of a perfect cup of espresso. Its professional and powerful built-in grinder can grind the beans as you prefer. With different settings, you can choose how fine the powder should be and make a pro-level espresso.
- Next, a large water tank capacity is preferable, and you will get it in the Breville espresso machines. This will make sure that you don’t have to refill the tank too often.
- Any electronic device needs maintenance, and so do these espresso machines. But complex or heavily time-consuming maintenance work is not possible in our busy schedule. So, Breville made these coffee makers so that you can easily remove and reassemble the parts for cleaning.
- Finally, we looked at the design and dimension of the machines. Thousands of people, along with our team, like the appearance of the espresso machines. It surely fits with the modern kitchen decoration.
The price might seem beyond your budget because of its build quality, features, performance, and durability. However, we managed to find DeLonghi espresso machines, some of the best espresso machines under $200. Also, those who love lattes should check out our review on the best latte machines. Now, let’s see our suggestion and make a wise move.
So, that is all, and we are about to finish our Breville espresso machine review with our recommendation. We think that the Breville espresso machine BES870XL is the one a coffee-lover can’t resist buying. Like us, hundreds and thousands of customers couldn’t complain much about this model even after years of use. No matter where you want to use it, it will support you every morning with an authentic Italian espresso shot.