A latte is a drink made from the steamed milk and espresso machine. It has a fine layered on top of the drink. This thing impresses people and they go to a coffee shop to drink a cup of latte.
But if you want to drink a latte on a lazy morning and don’t wanna go to a shop also, you don’t have an espresso machine, what will you do?
Don’t worry, you do not need to buy a latte machine to make lattes at home. It will take a few minutes to make a delicious cup of latte. So let’s have a look at how you can make lattes without an espresso machine.
How to brew latte at home
An espresso machine can indeed make the best latte, also, it is true that without a latte machine you can brew a cup of pretty decent latte easily.
Follow these three methods below to make a latte at home.
Making a cup of latte with a milk frother
Equipment you’ll need
- Coffee mug
- Milk frother
Ingredients you’ll need
- 2 tbsp strong coffee powder
- 1 cup milk
Instructions to make a latte
- First, you need to prepare the milk to make a latte. Heat the milk in the saucepan in medium heat. Turn off the heat when you see bubbles form on the edge of the pan.
- Now make the milk frothy and for that use the milk frother. Keep frothing until the milk comes into a thicker form. Or until you get the form you want from the milk.
- Next, you have to brew the coffee with water. Use 5 or 6 ounces of water to brew the coffee.
- Once you have done brewing the coffee it’s time to make your favorite latte. Pour the coffee into the mug halfway and then add the frothing milk you made.
- And it’s done!
See you don’t need to be an expert to make a cup of strong latte, it takes a few minutes. Now you can make yours at home easily and don’t need to go outside to drink lattes.
Making latte with by using a whisk
If you don’t have a milk frother, yet you can make a latte easily. Here’s how you can make a latte without a milk frother –
Equipment you’ll need
- Saucepan (to heat the milk)
- 6 ounces coffee
- Half cup of milk (you can choose any types of milk, such as almond milk, nut milk)
- Heat the milk for at least 30 to 45 seconds.
- Once the milk is heated, take a whisk and whisk the milk for 30 seconds. Or until you get the forth you want.
- Now brew the coffee and then add the coffee to the mug.
- Add the frothed milk gently over the coffee.
- See, you’re done!
Note: If you want to add some sweetener to your coffee then before heating the milk, add 1 or 2 tsp of sugar to the milk.
If you want to drink a vanilla latte then before add the frothing milk, add one-fourth tsp vanilla extract to the coffee. And then add milk to make your vanilla latte.
Also, you can make chocolate or mocha latte simply. Just add 1 or 2 tsp chocolate syrup before heating the milk. That’s all…
Easy latte recipe with a mason jar
Let’s now make a latte without a milk frother and whisk. This latte recipe is also very easy. Here’s the equipment you’ll need –
- Saucepan (to heat the milk)
- Mason jar (to make the milk froth)
- Brewed coffee
- Cinnamon (optional)
- The first step is heating the milk. And then add the milk to the mason jar and place the lid securely.
- Shake the jar for one minute properly or until you get the desired froth you want.
- Pour the brewed coffee into the mug and then add the frothed milk.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the milk and enjoy the great latte.
How to art a latte
You may want art on your latte, this is also easy. With just a few practices you can art or design your favorite latte. All you just need to make a perfect foam and pour this into the coffee.
Here are a few simple steps that you can follow to art your latte.
- It’s better to use cold milk to art the latte. Before making the foam, keep the milk into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Then heat the milk but do not let the milk take any bubble form.
- Now forth the milk until you gets the texture you want.
- Take the milk into a jug and start pouring the milk to create a heart pattern. In one area of the cup, move the jug side to side and pour the milk.
- Until the coffee cup is full, continue to move the jar and pour a big spot of foam. And then by pouring a quick straight line forward finish the heart design on your latte.
The first time your latte art won’t be perfect, you’ll need practice and practice. Over time you can art the latte like a professional.
Health benefits of drinking latte
Worldwide latte is a very popular drink to the people, and this drink has many health benefits. Here we cover a few health benefits of latte that said you should add this magical drink to your list –
- Coffee works as a fat burner – if you want to lose weight you can start consuming coffee. Coffee contains caffeine and it helps to boost the metabolism that increases the fat burning.
- Do you want to make your skin smoother? Then have a cup of latte daily. Coffee includes many properties that reduce the cellulite and works like magic by dehydrating the fatty cells in your body. And this smooths your skin.
- Regular drinking coffee can keep your liver in good condition as well as prevents cancer.
You don’t need a fancy espresso machine to make your favorite latte at home. Also, you don’t need to visit a coffee shop to drink a professionally made latte.
With just a few practices, brew your latte and enjoy the latte with your loved one.